TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   How to break up with my girlfriend (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t96150-how-break-up-my-girlfriend/)

Viky March 1st 2012 02:24 AM

How to break up with my girlfriend

So I have a girlfriend... I used to like her a lot more than i do now. I thought she really liked this other girl, i'm pretty sure she still does... on top of that she questions just about everyone I hug outside of our little friend groun and it's kind of annoying... Ontop of that I like someone else who likes me back... Ive decided with many other reasons beyond these to break up with my current girlfriend... I just don't know how... I want to tomorrow... or by Friday at the latest. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated (or funny comments to go with this to make me laugh xD those are welcome as well)

Harmony♥ March 1st 2012 03:02 AM

Re: How to break up with my girlfriend

You need to just to be honest with her, especially if you have feelings for someone else who likes you back. I can't exactly think of any "funny" comments since this isn't exactly a funny situation. It isn't exactly fair to your girlfriend considering you have feelings for someone else, and you're leading her to believe that you still have feelings for her. That might be true, your feelings for her, but you have feelings stronger for someone else and you need to let your girlfriend go if that's the case.

AlexQuinn March 1st 2012 05:12 AM

This doesn't really help you per se, but I think that anybody who is breaking up with their significant other should be exactly aware of what they're doing. In the event that you don't already know this: you're probably going to crush her heart and soul. She's probably going to feel worse than death for a while. And you're going to have to live with that.

Having said that, if you don't want to be with her, this is the best route. Be direct, don't beat around the bush. Tell her straight, and whatever you do, don't say sorry if you don't mean it.

Eternal March 1st 2012 12:02 PM

I agree with the above posters.
Breakups will be hard no matter what, and there isn't really much you can do to help ease the pain for her. You need to just be direct and say exactly how you feel, and that you think it just isn't working anymore. Then give her some space so that she can heal.
Make sure you do this in person as well, they'll respect you more for it.

NevermindMe March 1st 2012 05:27 PM

Don't do it in a public place if you can, and don't make a joke of it.

Otherwise be direct and firm. Don't give them hope where there is none.

- Justin

jamesman9 March 3rd 2012 11:02 PM

Put her in the ignore box and continue. Im sure she is a nagging type of person? Say what you need to and don't get caught in drama. It is what it is, i hope all works well!

DrummerBoy March 5th 2012 07:34 PM

Just be honest with her.
Dont use any insults are try to be loud and mean.
Then see what she has to say.