View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Age of Ignorance Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21 Points: 22,859, Level: 21

Re: My Girlfriend and Sharp Lower Abdomen pains? - March 15th 2013, 03:47 AM

Thanks guys,

I've told her to see a doctor. She won't listen, despite how many times I tell her. She says she doesn't know how to describe it to a doctor and doesn't have time to go to the doctor's (which is a lie; she has time to sit down and watch TV every night for 5 hours a night, she has time to see a doctor). Her doctor's appointment would even be covered under Medicare (a government-funded Australian healthcare system), and she wouldn't have to pay a dime. But she's just so unwilling, and I don't know why.

So, instead of her going, I went to the doctors myself. I asked the doctor what he thought it could be, and he came up with the same suggestions. I asked about STIs, and ended up getting a full panel done for myself. I'll find out the results on Tuesday as to whether or not it is Chlamydia causing this pain for her, but the doctor said that it "seemed unlikely" given how I described it, and it "doesn't sound like it's Pelvic Inflammatory Disease". He did however suggest also that she may have Coeliac disease, but since she's waiting for the tests to come back, there's really nothing I can do unless I come back positive for Chlamydia.

I still worry that I do have Chlamydia, because it's definitely a possibility (I've had 3 sexual partners since I was last tested, and 2 out of the 3 were unprotected). Here's to hoping it's not, because if it is, my girlfriend will probably kill me...