View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Religion a joke gone wrong? - March 27th 2013, 08:32 PM

Actually Jesus was recorded in Roman and Arabic and Greek texts. Now these people believed he was just a religious leader they did NOT call him the son of god. If you remove the fact that he is the son of God in the Bible it is very possible that he really was a Jewish guy who had an idea and had the charisma that people rallied around and, for example, there is some anesthetic available in that region where it could have been on the sponge that he was given on the cross, thus making him "appear" dead because of that and then he just up and walked away when it wore off due to the fact that he would defs be killed if the Romans found him. Now I am NOT trying to say that this is what happened but it is just one such possible theory that has been put out there by Biblical scholars that suggests how, yes, Jesus could have been who he was, but what if you look at it from a "no divine influence" kind of view So I think you can take most stuff and look at it from, well if he believed this and looked at it like this how could it REALLY have happened (without even having to deviate) if you remove the divinity from it. Everyone will hold their own theories though, so please don't bother arguing over my point of view, I'm just giving one point of view that I know of that explains why Jesus could have existed outside of a Biblical/divine manner, it doesn't have to be your point of view, he doesn't have to exist, I just don't think it has to be one or the other (you believe in God, thus Jesus, or you don't and therefore he's a fictive person intended to teach the religion).

Any ways, more to the point, I do sort of have to agree, the origins of religion are a bit of an anomaly. It's a lot of "where did people even get these ideas from? was it just a nice story told to kids to get them to sleep at night?". But realistically, I think that the development of religion can give some basis to it. Even if you include science, most religions (and science) have sought to explain the notions of the world and the notions of how to live like a good person etc. I think that actually, if you look at each religion and where/how it developed (location, the people, the economics and politics etc) can speak a lot to the development of each religion, which can explain for the diversity of each religion. It's interesting to note that there are small (and inconsequental) similarities between religions. Like there is usually some kind of afterlife and usually some kind of higher *something* that helps people make their decisions. Ah well, I do understand the developmnt of religion if nothing else. But because I am speaking kind of vaguely about it i am hoping that this makes sense at all. I think that its' just something that's always bonded a community and I don't know if it'll ever be possible to explain why this communal unity manifested itself in the form of religion, but I think that its just one such point of view that can help understand whether it whether you think religion is some cosmic joke or man made or if its really "divinely given" (bear in mind that that's quoted because not all religions have that perspective, I just mean more in the sense that it just is something that exists which people some how stumbled across and that the nature of the religon expected to be given to humans or something, like I said, I'm speaking generally to *all* religions, so just take that and apply the concept I am trying to explain as necessary)

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions