View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Is this normal for someone who has depression? - April 27th 2013, 10:44 AM

Hey!

Hollie and Cassie gave some really amazing advice/information. So I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I struggle with this as well with the anger problems. When I get anger problems, I'll punch a pillow so I don't hurt myself, then sometimes I try to get up and go for a walk to think everything over before I do something I'd regret. I find that when I get angry feelings, I start easing into becoming more conscious of what I'm doing. Realizing how strong my feelings are so I can remind myself that I can end up reacting much worse than what the situation actually is due to my anger.

Also, I keep a piece of paper and a pen with me a lot because I find that when I get angry, scribbling like mad on a piece of paper helps me vent.

As for your obsession with death/suicide - you've said that you have lots of suicidal thoughts, right? And depression. To me, I sorta did the same thing when I first started self-harming and when I did self-harm. I looked at pictures of self-harm, and thought about it a lot and just obsessed over it. I've never had suicidal thoughts so I can't be a lot of help, I just think it's common to obsess over something you're doing a lot or thinking about. It's rather unhealthy mentally though so I suggest you talk to the crisis team or a therapist about it.

Hope this helped.