View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Unhappy Girlfriend's Depression is Picking up - April 28th 2013, 03:30 AM

My girlfriend's depression has been picking up lately. There's family trouble brewing, her parents may be splitting up, and it's taking its toll on her. She's strong, but also a fairly solitary person, and while sometimes she does come to me for help and support, she has a habit of withdrawing from the world when she's down. She's not a danger to herself, and she's on meds and seeing a professional. But for days sometimes, she wont talk to anyone, including me.

Sometimes I leave her messages once or twice a day, letting her know that it's all okay and that I miss her and I'm here for her. I make a point not to do it too much, because I know she just needs space.

But... I don't know. I talked to her briefly Thursday and then she dissapeared again. Before that I hadn't talked to her since Monday morning. I keep thinking about the state of mind she must be in to want to withdraw like this and it makes me feel awful because there's nothing I can do. My anxiety is all fired up and I keep hoping she'll text me and want to talk, so I can try to take her mind off of things.

I know there's nothing I can really do besides being supportive. I don't know what kind of advice I'm looking for, just rambling and hoping for helpful comments I guess.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.