View Single Post
  (#6384 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: I'm happy today because... - June 26th 2013, 01:24 PM

I don't know if this should go here (there should be a "What inspired you today" thread ), but I'm going to post it anyway...even though it happened yesterday.

Okay. So. Yesterday, I was on the bus going to work, and this lady had a baby (maybe 16-18 months old...so cute!). She'd put her arm out across the standing baby so that she wouldn't fall on the bus. That is when I noticed severe self-harm scars (she was wearing short sleeves). Then I noticed the other arm and it was the same, or worse, than the other. She was babytalking with her daughter, kissing her, loving her, and she genuinely seemed happy.

I've been battling with trying to wear short sleeves for a while now... probably since BEFORE the warmer weather came around. I've been stuck in long sleeves for about nine months now. When I saw this lady, I instantly cried. If she has the courage to show her scars, her story, and how HAPPY she is now, then why can't I?

Today, I'm wearing a dress. It has short sleeves, and I'm not going to wear my cardigan unless I get extremely uncomfortable.

I hope that lady knows how inspired I am by her, and she helped me gain a wee bit of courage. Today, I won't be scared.

P.s. Sorry for the long post. I know typically it's a one line thing, but I didn't want to make a thread, and this is the only place that fit. I hope that this helped someone else, too. <3

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.