View Single Post
  (#253 (permalink)) Old
Grizabella Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jessica

Points: 14,981, Level: 17 Points: 14,981, Level: 17 Points: 14,981, Level: 17

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 5th 2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
"I'm saying that as long as there is no proof that something doesn't exist everyone should believe in it."

Never said that, and it doesn't make sense. thebigmole, you really don't get it do you? No. My point is that you should stop trying to tell the people who believe in God what to believe. If we believe in God, there's nothing you can do about it. So stop trying to make us prove that there is a god, when you yourself cannot prove that there is one. Got it? You sure? Ok.. Ok. Just making sure.
The problem is not that you or any other religious person believes in a god. The problem arises when religious people insist on trying to force their beliefs in an unsubstantiated claims into places they don't belong, like science classrooms or our government.

For example, if Christians didn't constantly try to fight that the creation theory is an acceptable scientific argument against creation, stopped trying to force religious material into science classes, and stopped slinging unsubstantiated claims about evolution around, scientists and atheists might not be so insistent on them providing evidence of God's existence. And if they stop trying to fight laws like gay marriage, based only on what this god tells them, we also might be more accepting.

Not around so much now that school's started

"Live a good life.
If there are gods and they are just,
then they will not care how devout you have been,
but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life
that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
Marcus Aurelius