View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Self Harmed at Work - July 29th 2013, 09:15 PM

Hey there,

I can understand why that triggered you but don't be too hard on yourself because we all have things like this happen. There are things in life that are triggering to each and every one of us and over time we are able to learn to deal with these triggers more and more effectively. I think you were caught off guard by what you saw which gave you even less time to deal with this triggering event. Hopefully in the future if this happens again you will be able to deal with this better because you will be more prepared. The thing to remember is that relapses happen to every single one of us but the most important thing is that you pick yourself up and try again.

Is there anyone you could talk to about what happened? A friend, a family member or another trusted person? I know that might be hard to do but talking to people about what happened might help you cope with the event and work on letting go of some of the feelings you have in regards to your reaction. I know when I react to something in a negative way I try and talk to people about.

I think it would also be good if you check out the Alternatives to Self Harm. It might be helpful for you to work on finding more alternatives to help you work on overcoming the urges that you have. I know that I have been looking at that list a bit more and it has been helping me in recovering from my self harm. The more healthy coping skills you are equipped with the better able you might be at dealing with triggering situations because you can change from one coping mechanism to another until the urge dies down.

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.