View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Brodskie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brody

Points: 6,682, Level: 12 Points: 6,682, Level: 12 Points: 6,682, Level: 12

Re: College and Working - August 6th 2013, 07:10 PM

Hey there Chantal, I have been in your situation before, working and going to school isn't always easy. Unfortunately, we're not all in the position to be able to just focus on school (great if you can, just doesn't always work out that way).

Judging by your age and saying you've been out of your parents house for about 4 years, you and I are similar. I left at 16 also, so I'm very used to working and providing for myself, as it seems you are as well. My assumption here is that you will have no problem balancing school and work. You seem like someone who has a good head on their shoulders and can handle managing their life just fine on their own. Personally, I work full time on an overnight shift, and I did when I was in school too. Part-time should be no problem for someone who's used to being fiercely independent.

My experiences have always been rather positive. Having the financial freedom while in school is a good feeling, even if it's a little more work. I agree with you that it's not always guaranteed you'll find a job immediately as summer starts, so to have one already secure and you can just work more hours in the summer is a very good idea. And of course on-campus jobs always work around your school schedule!

I think you're on the right path already, just keep your head up and keep going forward! Best of luck to you and message me if you ever need support or reassurance

...This time, I watch from the sidelines
Your ghost in the limelight
Face your fears and pierce the night...

Message me anytime
VM | PM