View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Hailey

Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18

I'm a bit worried that my friend is cutting herself. - August 24th 2013, 03:16 AM

First off, let me just explain that my friend S has definitely been depressed due to certain issues (to what extent, I don't know). The only person she really confides in is our friend E, but it doesn't take a genius to see that she's depressed. Last summer, she also sent me some semi-fictional stories about herself that involved her character cutting herself. I don't know if that part of the story was fictional or not, but at least I know that it's been on her mind before.

So. I totally feel like a stalker for this, but...I found a question on Yahoo Answers (never mind how...) about cutting and I'm a little suspicious that it was written by my friend. The question was something she would ask, it was written in the way she would write it, it was posted 10 months ago (which is the right timing), and it included details that match her exactly. Now, all that could certainly be an easy coincidence, but I noticed that the person's username was my friend's name, and her name isn't a particularly common one. It's not unheard of, but it's definitely not common the way "Jessica" or something is. I think she's the only one in our school (720 people) with that name. Also (again, call me a stalker, but I was concerned), the user had blocked all of her other activity and kept it private - which is something that S would do because she has to get permission before making accounts and is secretive in general.

Anyway, I was just hoping to get some opinions here. Am I overreacting? Do you think it's just a very weird coincidence? I've already been worried about S and I've definitely wondered if she's self harmed, but she's also acted very freaked out by the idea of people hurting themselves...although I admit that that could just be a lie, because I've been-there-done-that myself.

Basically: Do you think I should find a way to ask her about it? If she is self harming, then I definitely want to know, but I don't think she'll ever just tell me. So is this scenario too unlikely or is it worth looking into more?

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13