View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Me and my parents argue but only at times?? - August 31st 2013, 08:30 PM

You are not the only one who fights with your parents. I used to fight the most with my dad and less with my mom just like you. It wasn't like I was innocent wither. Sometimes I'd provoke my dad just cause he said something that bugged me, or I'd be in a bad mood, but he provoked me too. It wasn't like we did it on purpose and sometimes the fights were genuine. I found part of it was for me that I think we took pent up stress and anger out on him. I was also angry cause I felt like my dad spent more time on my brother and didn't care about me and also to rarely took the time to care about what was going on with me vs. how much time he spent on my brother. We have a much better relationship since I started university and we also found common ground to talk about.

Your own personal "why" of it could easily be different. But trust me when I say that it isn't necessarily something easy to identify. I wasn't always able to put words to my issues with my father either. I'm just hoping that hearing how it was for me will help you begin to identify why it is like that for you. So really think about your relationship with your dad, dig around for any nagging resentment and why, think about anything that stresses you out and how your dad might be the parent more likely to draw those feelings forward etc.

If you want to talk more PM me ok

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions