View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
tankertank Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,089, Level: 11 Points: 6,089, Level: 11 Points: 6,089, Level: 11

Re: Telling a friend about my self harm - September 29th 2013, 03:29 AM

Well when I first started cutting, the first person I told was my boyfriend. Well he's my ex boyfriend now but thats not what caused it. He wasn't very supportive at first, he kinda made me feel bad which REALLY didn't make me feel any better, but when he saw how much I was hurting he tried to support me although he didn't really help that much. But then a girl who was "scene" at my school came to a church lock-in with me and she told me about her cutting though she was extremely timid about it. When I told her I had the same problem she really felt like she could talk to me. She shared with me why she cut and I expressed my reasons as well. Telling a friend can be a very good expierience or it can be bad. Depending on what type of friend it is they might tell on you or they might actually try to help you themself. But don't be scared to ask for help because your true friends will tell you that they love you and they will ALWAYS be there for you if you need them. No matter what people say you ARE loved and you are worth so much.