Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Some college questions? - September 30th 2013, 02:20 AM

Hey Dez,

I do not go to school out-of-state, however, I am far enough from home that it is like being out-of-state so I am going to give some input.
I have heard of programs like this: though my school is not one that offer them. They are credible if you can do all of the work because they are usually accellerated. In college, you will be having a new experience and in this experience, you will realize that you have to balance academics, extra curricular activities and any other commitments. You will need to find time for you (and let go of any goals to be perfect because trust me, meeting those goals is extremely hard with everything you will probably want to do). These are all things to keep in mind when deciding to do such a program.
Definitely call someone at the admissions office of your school, or email admissions and ask for the information you want about the ACT and SAT scores and the average GPA. Keep in mind that is "average" so if it is not what you have, do not worry: people below and above the average can get into a school; admission is not just about academics. Colleges want to see you as a wholen, not just an academic.
If you end up choosing this school, look at the demographics of the shcool and definitely visit it: you want to be sure that the size of the campus, the population and the classes is a fit for you. If the school has large classes and you feel better in smaller classes with more professor-student interaction than this may not be the school for you. Would you want a school that is large to the point wher eyou have to go from multiple places within campus by walking long distances or a school that small where you can get everywhere within five or less minutes? Do you want to be with thousands of students or a few hundred and a little over a thousand students?
Also, if doing laundry, definitely be sure to set a timer and get to your clothes when the timer goes off (I try to set mine a minute or two before my clothes are done that way I am able to get there before any person waiting for them to finish). People can and will if they are in a hurry, take clothes out of the washer and set them down wet (usually on the table in the laundry room or on top of the washer) and then if the clothes are not claimed there can be consequences. If clothes are taken out that are dry and left after a certain time, for example, they will be taken by the resident staff on duty at about 11 (this is for my school and I'm unsure if other school's have such requirements). Then you have to pay two dollars to get them back.
There are other things but if you want, I can PM you (I just do not want to make this overly long).

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."