Thread: Parents
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Parents - September 30th 2013, 04:01 PM

What was your parents relationship with your sister like? Did they have a falling out or anything like that? I ask because I am wondering if maybe 1. they used to direct this verbal and emotional abuse at your sister and since her moving out they've since had to change their attention onto you or 2. if they had a falling out with her maybe it was over something that would change their attitudes as parents and they might just be *naively* unaware of the damage that they're parenting is doing.

Regardless of why, your sister moving out seems to have served as some kind of trigger point. It is definitely unfortunate that they're behaving like this, especially since you say you have a lot on your plate and do it all. You could always try talking to them and letting them know that you work hard and you want to be proud of your accomplishments but they're constantly belittling you makes that hard. That might help. Otherwise you might want to try talking to another adult and seeing if they have any other ideas to help you deal with your parents.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions