View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Some college questions? - October 1st 2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabithia. View Post
You all helped greatly. If a college essay thing just says "write a personal essay" I'm assuming it can be about something meaningful ie. why you want the degree you want? The only essay topic they gave was the honors college essay topic and I'm certainly not applying for that.

Usually there is a theme. When I applied to school, one theme was write about what period of time you would want to visit and another was what was the greatest invention. I wrote that I would love to go visit the White House when Andrew Jackson was sworn in and the 2nd one I wrote about a toaster. There may be a topic in the actual application. If not, then I would email them and ensure that there are no topics. Usually the schools do require some sort of topic to make sure you are writing a unique essay for them unless they did the general application.
Quote:
Also, in another college, my degree program is brand new this year, so where the application says to select the major I want, it isn't there. Should I just hit "undeclared" or should I call the school about it?
I would email them about it to ensure that they are accepting applications for it. If it is the bachelors and masters program, it may be under pre-pharmacy.