View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: rant about school. - October 6th 2013, 08:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the recent negative situations you've had to deal with the past few days/weeks. I learn in a different manner too. I'm more of a technology guy, so I use my phone or ipad to take notes; and sometimes was accused of not listening. But, I learned to use the professors office hours to my advantage. Most professors are mandated to have office hours. These hours are used to meet with students, and to maybe cover material in which confused students. Before the start of every semester I will meet with my professor, and I will tell them my habits. I will tell them I learn using technology, and that I am very excited to be in their class, etc. First impressions are everything, and telling the professor you are going to do something before you even do it is important.

Alot of the problems I see you having can be solved by communication. So maybe you need to be more verbal in your intentions (ie: telling professors about your note taking habits, telling people who are in your group to get things done on time or be forced to be on their own, etc). Remember, communication is key.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.