View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59

Re: Parents don't get it - October 27th 2013, 08:16 PM

I agree with Kate that it is up to you where you decide to go from here. Do you feel as if you would be able to wait that long before coming out and living your life as a boy? If you think that waiting would cause you too much pressure it's worth trying to come out again. Maybe this time you can print out pamphlets or borrow books from the library explaining gender identity to them so they have something to read and learn. I also agree with her about explaining sexuality and gender identity to them a bit more so they learn to treat them as separate. When I was telling my parents about my friend being MtF, this was the thing they had the hardest time grasping, but you can try and give them some examples if you think you can. That way you may also be able to be honest with this guy before things get too serious as well.

Maybe you can make a pros and cons list with the benefits of trying to come out again and the risks of trying to come out again. Write anything you think of down, even little things. Then, you can see what outweighs the other and make a decision on whether you should come out now or later.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive