(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Points: 9,772, Level: 14 Points: 9,772, Level: 14 Points: 9,772, Level: 14

Re: Is this Self Harm? - November 9th 2013, 06:07 PM

Hey Jess,

Regardless of the damage this does to your body, yes this is self harm. You're hurting yourself with the intention to cause damage onto your body. You're not a 'wimp' for not being able to hurt yourself. That's really not the mindset you want to be in, you're strong and brave for not actually cutting. Because once you start you'll become addicted, and that's when you'll regret it.

As for wanting it to 'work', this is the wrong way to go about it, if you're trying to get a release, I would suggest that you smash something like a plate, shout and scream into a pillow or just vent everything. Because believe me, when you get involved with the monster that is self-harm, it's INCREDIBLY difficult to go back.

I'm going to refer you to this thread on the alternatives to self harm, try some of these out, because in the phase that you're in, these could be really beneficial to help you get out of this whilst you can. This is the link: Alternatives

Please feel free to send me a VM/PM if you need to talk to anyone, we'll help get you through this.

~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.