View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NotExactlyCrazy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Charlie
Location: Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12

Re: My parents. - December 3rd 2013, 08:39 PM

I know how you feel. Money is the biggest stressor in my family. We went through a bankruptcy a couple years ago and we still haven't gotten past it. My mother is a waitress and my dad bounces from job to job to job. Neither of them brings in much money and we are barely scraping by. The fighting about money is nearly constant.
We somehow support a large "rescue farm", which basically means that we send a bunch of money that we don't have on a bunch of animals that do nothing but eat and poop. My little brother is 11 and just doesn't understand that we can't afford anything. We are barely putting food on the table. He wants so many things for Christmas and by rights, with everything he has had t go through financially, e should be able to get some of them for him b now. Instead we won't be able to afford much for him, and I have told my mother to forgo buying me anything at all, but to spend what little we have on him. I have a small part time job but it pays like crap. barely $150 a month and most of that goes toward gas and food. I am so sick of us being poor. And I know that if we miss a mortgage payment we will be foreclosed on immediately, due to some complications we have with our bank. I swear, if I hear "we don't have the money" one more time I will explode or go completely insane.

I didn't mean to rant. I feel for you. I can't offer you any advice, as I am not the best at coping with my similar situation. Just hag in there and know that you are not alone..

Some Psychiatrist I'll make.