TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22 Points: 23,651, Level: 22

My parents. - December 3rd 2013, 06:53 PM

So my parents are both not working anymore, last May my mother quit her job after being on medical leave due to stress and things. Her doctor told her she could not return to her job because it stressed her out.
My dad had an issue with his neck and got put off work in June, he was suppose to go back in September but he didn't have a job to go back too, both have been applying for jobs that I notice. They are so upset cause there's no money coming in, they have no money, there going to miss the mortgage on the house this week cause a check didn't come in. I see my mom stressed out and almost in tears, it's almost Christmas time, and she has no money.

I don't know how to help, or act, or try to understand, cause it makes me upset to see her upset. I've tried to also apply for jobs sense June, sense graduating. No matter what I apply for I never get a call for an interview. I babysit sometimes, but not enough to have any amount of money to help.

My mom just sat down with me to tell me it wasn't my fault, cause she sent me to my room after I got into a fight with my dad about nothing. She told me she was upset, and that it upsets her, and she has a lot of pressure on her right now.

I guess I just need a little advice, comfort, idk. Anything really. I don't know what to do, or say so I avoid it all.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NotExactlyCrazy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Charlie
Location: Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12

Re: My parents. - December 3rd 2013, 08:39 PM

I know how you feel. Money is the biggest stressor in my family. We went through a bankruptcy a couple years ago and we still haven't gotten past it. My mother is a waitress and my dad bounces from job to job to job. Neither of them brings in much money and we are barely scraping by. The fighting about money is nearly constant.
We somehow support a large "rescue farm", which basically means that we send a bunch of money that we don't have on a bunch of animals that do nothing but eat and poop. My little brother is 11 and just doesn't understand that we can't afford anything. We are barely putting food on the table. He wants so many things for Christmas and by rights, with everything he has had t go through financially, e should be able to get some of them for him b now. Instead we won't be able to afford much for him, and I have told my mother to forgo buying me anything at all, but to spend what little we have on him. I have a small part time job but it pays like crap. barely $150 a month and most of that goes toward gas and food. I am so sick of us being poor. And I know that if we miss a mortgage payment we will be foreclosed on immediately, due to some complications we have with our bank. I swear, if I hear "we don't have the money" one more time I will explode or go completely insane.

I didn't mean to rant. I feel for you. I can't offer you any advice, as I am not the best at coping with my similar situation. Just hag in there and know that you are not alone..

Some Psychiatrist I'll make.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: My parents. - December 4th 2013, 12:00 AM

Hello, Kayla! I'm so sorry you're in this situation right now. I take it your parents have exhausted all the welfare/government support options available to them in Canada? How about non-profit organizations that support families who are struggling financially? I think it's very admirable that you're trying to support your family, and I wish you all the best of luck in your job hunt. I respond to quite a few threads in the Educations and Career forum, and I would definitely advise you to follow up with each of the companies you apply to within 3 days of submitting your application. Unfortunately, simply hitting the "submit" button rarely cuts it these days... you have to be persistent and show that you're eager to take on the work you're applying for. If you can find a way to drive to the locations of the stores/restaurants/etc., then that's even better - meet with the manager and let them see everything you have to offer as an employee! It'll make you stand out from the crowd of applicants.

Closed Thread