View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16

Re: Anxiety when excited about something? - December 9th 2013, 08:06 PM

I have that problem too. I don't really have any friends that live close to me, they're all 'internet friends' but I've met them in person numerous times.. a couple of them, anyway.

My 18th birthday for example.. I drove four hours to see my favorite band with a couple of these 'internet friends' of mine.. I was so so so excited to see them These people I talk to every single day online/texting/facetime/etc.. I'm totally fine with the idea of seeing them and what not, but then I get there and I'm beyond anxious, nervous, sweating, feeling sick and dizzy, etc.. Or, like, I love watching soccer games. I go to my younger brothers games all the time since there isn't a league for me to play in anymore.. I get excited to go, but then I go and I'm really anxious/nervous and I've never really been able to find a reason why. It's almost like I don't want to allow myself to be happy or excited about things because it doesn't happen often so I'm not used to it.. the feeling isn't familiar to me, so I freak out.

As far as getting over it, I just have to continually remind myself to breathe and that chances are no one else around me is this nervous so I shouldn't feel that way either.. Trying to focus on something else.. For me, I focused on the fact that it was my birthday, or that I was seeing one of my favorite bands, or whatever. So.. maybe you could try and focus on the fact that it's new years, and a new year is starting.. find something else to focus on other than whatever you think it is that's making you nervous.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, seeing as I'm still kind of struggling with the same thing. I'll be checking back to see if anyone else has any better advice. /: But if all else fails, you definitely aren't alone here. <3

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.