View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Post-Self Harm Problems - December 16th 2013, 10:21 AM

Hi there,

I've heard that cocoa butter, bio oil, and Vitamin E oil are all good ways to start reducing the appearance of scars, even though it may take some time. I know that cocoa butter is also a good moisturizer so if you need an excuse for getting it you can go with something like that.

I've also noticed that as long as a person doesn't draw too much attention to themselves (constantly looking, doing things that make you seem too nervous) not everyone will actually notice. Or, if they DO notice, most of the time they don't comment, or if they do comment it is because they are concerned. If someone does ask after you're recovered, you don't have to tell them why you have scars, or if you do want to say something, let them know you're recovered, but generally most people don't react horribly.

You shouldn't have to hide forever, though, so don't be ashamed. It will only mean that you beat something and made huge effort.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive