View Single Post
  (#6941 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 34,015, Level: 26 Points: 34,015, Level: 26 Points: 34,015, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - December 31st 2013, 11:01 PM

Please let there be counseling available; you have NO IDEA how badly I need it. If there weren't ethical and role issues and it wouldn't end my career before it starts, I would tell you everything. Also, THANK YOU for respecting me, telling me the truth, putting up with me, squeezing me in, calming me down, and understanding me when you DIDN'T have to. You have no idea how badly I needed someone to tell me that I wasn't alone, that I wasn't stupid, and that being upset wasn't over reacting. You have good reason to be concerned. I have been damaged, but I am still standing because of the handful of people like you I've run into. One of my resolutions is to leave you alone unless I need something only you can do for me. I really hope I get you as a supervisor because we both know I'll need someone to convince me that I can do this.

I don't hate people and I respect everyone unless they give me reason not to. You gave me so many reasons not to that I lost track. Once you lose my respect, and you have, I will not deal with you. I hope you get some consequences for what you said because it was wrong and you have yet to face any while he's threatening me with the worst thing he has. He says he doesn't want to have to do that to me, that he would fight for me, but if it comes to that, he would have no control and no choice. While you had nothing bad to say to him about me, you had nothing good to say to me about me and that was not okay. You are entitled to have concerns and to dislike me, but you are not entitled to disrespect me. I was taught somewhere along the way that I didn't deserve respect or to have things work out for me, you reinforced those "lessons", but I am taking my power back. I'm not wasting any of next year letting you make me feel like s*** about myself. I'm also not stupid so I'm not making the same mistake for a third time. I may be letting this go, but I'm not subjecting myself to you again no matter what it means. I deserve better than that, I hope the next instructor I have will do for me what you couldn't. Based on e-mails back and forth which I already had to have with him, things look pretty good.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte