View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
something_blue10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,281, Level: 11 Points: 6,281, Level: 11 Points: 6,281, Level: 11

Unhappy Jealous of my boyfriend's best friend...who is a guy and they're not gay - January 3rd 2014, 06:17 AM

geez im 21, what am i doing on here?!

anyway, my boyfriend and i have been together for two years, nearly three years. i love him very much and he loves me. we have pretty good communication and talk our problems out.
his best friend, Blake, isn't really a person that i get along with very well. mostly because i have a complicated past with him as an ex-girlfriend, i try not to talk with him that much because we ended badly.
but this is my boyfriend's best friend. i can't be selfish. i try my best to put up with Blake; it's been a couple years already and we're both over the past. i just find him plain annoying now....but i still put up with him.
lately, the problem is, i feel like im not as close to my boyfriend as i'd like to be. i always like to think that im the closest person to him, but then when i hang out with the both of them, i feel so far away from my boyfriend.
my boyfriend has said it himself that sometimes he gets bored hanging out with me. and i was ok with hearing that! because we are two different people so it makes sense! after all, i get bored when im with him and he plays videogames for hours too
but then i see them together and they'll stick together for HOURS and never get bored with each other. they enjoy everything together...and then the way Blake makes him laugh...god, it kills me. the most i can get out my boyfriend is a chuckle... (he's not a grump, that's they way he is with most people anyway...)
i know Blake has been friends him way longer than i've known my boyfriend, i just have to get to know my boyfriend even more, right?
that's what i keep telling myself, but then a voice in my head says "they've been together for so long, how can you compete with that?" they're going to be together for a lot longer too (they're moving in together soon...) so their friendship is just going to keep growing and im gonna be in the same position everyday...feeling 2nd. my boyfriend even chooses to hang out with Blake sometimes over me...or even cancels our plans to hang out with his best friend...(even though im moving in a few months...not that far, only an hour, but still, we won't get to see each other that much)
i dont want to be that psycho, clingy, needy girlfriend. that's pathetic. i've talked about this multiple times with my boyfriend but i dont think he really understands my feelings.
i used to think that i was overreacting, but i talked to Blake's ex-girlfriend once and she was going through the exact same feelings that i am.
i don't want to have to give my boyfriend any kind of ultimatum that makes him pick Blake or me. i wouldn't want to put that kind of choice on him, but i feel so left out/far away/third wheel/secondbest sometimes that i dont know if i can stick it out. if he just wants to hang out with his best friend/friends and play videogames, he should face the fact that he can't keep his life balanced & if he can't fix it then he shouldn't have a girlfriend because he is just hurting me...
i don't know what i should do. i've had this conversation with him already many times and i don't know what else to do...