View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Gingerbread Latte Offline
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: Period Pain + Sickness (Female only read please) - January 10th 2014, 11:38 PM

Hey there!

Sorry to hear that your periods are giving you some pretty nasty symptoms. If you haven't already you should check out this thread to see if any of these suggestions help to relieve the pain : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-g...-period-pains/

If you're just using general painkillers you could try some of the ones specifically marketed towards period pains or even ask your doctor if you can be prescribed some stronger painkillers like co-codamol (codeine and paracetamol) for when it's that time of the month.

While it's true that the pill can cause side effects not everybody will experience these so even if your friend had a bad experience with it, it doesn't mean you will. I personally didn't experience any side effects when I was on the combined pill and I have the contraceptive implant now (it's a little hormonal rod that they put in your arm) and that's working great for me too. If you've tried everything else then it probably would be a good idea to at least try the pill for a few months and see how that helps, it's not like you have to stay on it forever if it gives you side effects you dislike.

I hope this helped, take care