View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Social Anxiety ruining my life. - January 12th 2014, 02:02 PM

Hey there:

With social anxiety it's very difficult to see past people out in public or be with large amounts of people. Sometimes, being with just 2 or 3 people at a time it can become very difficult.

I understand because I have social anxiety, believe me most days it controls me. However, I've found ways to help myself to control it as best as I can. One of the things I've noticed for myself is, if you want to go somewhere the chances of going out is high. If you need to go out the chances of going out is half. Lets say you needed to go out because someone wants you to, you go out but it's not what you want. You start to feel fine then start to feel weird and panicky.

Is there a time when you do go out because you want to go somewhere and do okay?

I would also recommend seeing a counselor or therapist to figure out ways to cope and deal with the social anxiety. But you have to want to see someone in order for you to receive the best support.

It makes sense being online is easier for your social anxiety, I feel the same way. Is there anything online you do that boosts your confidence or makes you feel better?

You can also send me a Private Message if you want to.

Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator