View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: 1st Xmas present from boyfriend- should I be upset? - January 12th 2014, 07:05 PM

I don't think you should be upset by it... I can understand being jealous, but your boyfriends gift is really sweet and nice too.

More to the point, everyones relationship is different. Like you said, he feels it is to early for jewelry, and I'm guessing that that's especially so with expensive jewelry.

Plus, while he is working and it sounds like your friends boyfriend is school that doesn't mean that your boyfriend somehow has a superior financial situation. Because he's done school he's probably in a position where he needs to pay back student debt, he also probably has other financial things to worry about such as all living costs, including taxes (which students typically have none of, or very little of) and starting his savings account (which is VERY important), so while he establishes himself as a financially independent human it would be good to be understanding that cash might be tight right now. So while his gift was sweet and thoughtful on its own it is also important to consider that a lot of young people who recently graduated don't have a bunch of money to spend at the best of times.

Just try to remember his gift was sweet and thoughtful.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions