View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TwoSoulsEntwined Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rin

Points: 6,314, Level: 11 Points: 6,314, Level: 11 Points: 6,314, Level: 11

Parents unsupportive of my education - January 25th 2014, 01:15 PM

Hi, I'm back and I'm in need of help/advice again.

Recently, I just received the results of my national exam and I'm proud to say that I did rather well. Good results should make my life easier when it comes to choosing a college to go to right? But no, my parents are making it very difficult for me to choose a college.

There are so many problems that arose from just choosing a college to go to and most of these problems come from my parents' insecurities about themselves as well as their lack of belief in me.

I don't want to go into all the details as it is a whole LONG list of problems. To make a long story short, the problems are mainly them not letting me stay at my aunt's house that is near the good colleges so that I don't need to spend hours traveling from home to school and then back again.

Furthermore, college is a tough life here in my country. School starts from morning (7-9 am depending on the school) and ends in the evening. Then there is school societies, sports etc that college students HAVE to participate in. Thus, school usually ends around 10-11 pm.

My parents saying that I can't stay at my aunt's house means that I have to spend 4-5 hours each day traveling. How on earth am I supposed to study properly if I do that? I will reach home at 1 am in the morning and then I would have to wake up at 4 am to go to school? So what, I have to sleep, study and do my own things in three hours each day?

I'm so stressed out! I'm not sleeping, eating or even thinking straight in the past few days. The only thought that seems to be coherent in my mind is that my parents seriously do not care about my education or my future.

I don't know what to do now! Please advise!

Sometimes I wish the world would just stop turning and just stay the way it is right now...

It doesn't matter if you take advantage of me.
It doesn't matter if you hurt me.
It doesn't matter if you neglect me.
Just stay the hell out of my way when I'm moving forward.
And I'm not dragging your sorry butt with me.