View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: am i developing an eating disorder? - January 25th 2014, 11:57 PM

Hey there!

I'm sorry you're struggling, I know how painful of a place that this is. When you mentioned that you have an untrue perception, you are recognizing that it is definitely untrue and that there could be an issue with thinking that way.

As for your hips and thighs, I know how that feels as well. However, think of it as a good thing if you can - it means that you're capable of creating life and that is a beautiful thing.

Every time you want to criticize yourself, look at a part of you that you like. Do you like your eyes, perhaps? Your arms, or your hair? And embrace what you like about being you. I'm sure you're a good person and have great personality qualities, so really try to empathise yours.

Lastly, I would recommend talking to someone about purging. You don't deserve to go through this, I promise. In the meantime, when you feel the need to purge, try to stay distracted. I'm going to link you to the eating disorder's video page so you can check it out.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.