View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
franz1 Offline
Out of the box thinker
Average Joe

Name: brady shaw

Points: 11,331, Level: 15 Points: 11,331, Level: 15 Points: 11,331, Level: 15

Re: Parents unsupportive of my education - January 27th 2014, 08:24 AM

Your of age aren't you? If so then your parent's really can't stop you from making a choice that will benifit you well. Just my 2 cents..

Anyways,
I do see the logic in your side of the story, and i soo NO rational logic in your parents side. I know how stressful LLOONNGG days can be and by the sound of it your day would be like never ending!, There is no way in hell that you can do everything you need to in a span of 3 hours and sleep it is impossible, especially if you have one of those all to well known nights where you just can't stop your mind from wondering and by the time you actually get to sleep, it's time to wake up.

My opinion is talk to your aunt, will she let you stay? If she will, then do it.....don't let others EVEN family get in the way of making a life for yourself, I know it is hard and not the thing anyone/everyone want's to do, but sometimes you have to, to further yourself. Letting others control your life is no way to live. Stand up for who you are and stand your ground.

Best of luck to you,
I am here if you need to talk, PM me.

-------
**Also it just occured to me, where are you? maybe being of age here in the USA vs. where you are is different, but regaurdless, do what you must to have a successful life. Your parent's might be mad at first, but they will/should come around. Also, point out to them that driving on that much lack of sleep can not only take your life in the event of a crash but take others as well, they don't want you responsible for something like that do they?

Off my soap box now

Helen: I'm someone who has chosen to embrace the broad spectrum of our reality.

​“Levity helps keep far more insidious things at bay.”
Dr. Helen Magnus, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“Feeling safe is something we all need.”
Dr. Will Zimmerman, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“We learn more from failure than from success.”
Nikola Tesla, “END OF NIGHTS” PART II
SANCTUARY

“Life without purpose isn’t… life.”
Will Zimmerman, “PAVOR NOCTURNUS”
SANCTUARY