Thread: Triggering (ED): Doctor's Scales Wrong?
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
AngelWithASecret Offline
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Points: 10,765, Level: 15 Points: 10,765, Level: 15 Points: 10,765, Level: 15

Doctor's Scales Wrong? - February 5th 2014, 09:42 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Since about 2 months ago I've been trying to lose weight, mainly due to unbelievable back pain. When I started, I weighed about [edit].

At the weekend my sister and I spotted some scales in a shop and decided to try them. I stood on them a couple times and every time the reading was [edit] lower

However, at the doctor's yesterday morning, she weighed me and it came back [edit] higher! That puts my BMI at obese!

The thing is, I certainly do not look even CLOSE to obese! I've been taking my measurements regularly since I started losing weight and they've decreased a LOT. My body has slimmed down to the point where I can see the beginnings of a thigh gap, if I stretch I can see my ribs poking out and my shoulder blades are also poking out.

So my question basically is this, how can there be a [edit] difference in the space of 3 days? For the record, my doctor just uses an ordinary step on scale with the face and the arm that spins around, not a proper scale with the weights.

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

Last edited by Gingerbread Latte; February 5th 2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Weight numbers are against the code of conduct