Thread: Triggering (Abuse): My Best Friend's Parents.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
mamikyous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyoko

Points: 5,787, Level: 11 Points: 5,787, Level: 11 Points: 5,787, Level: 11

My Best Friend's Parents. - May 9th 2014, 05:33 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My best friend is the kindest and most caring person in the world. Yet her parents...Well.

Her parents, especially her mother, are very emotionally abuse and manipulative towards her. They constantly tease her over her weight, they give her constant abuse over her sexuality and they belittle her mental health issues, regarding them as "not real". They yell at her for self harming, and constantly grab her and roll her sleeves up to check for marks. They have taken all her money on multiple occasions to go out drinking. All of this really, really worries me.

They don't treat her two younger siblings like this, only her. They even treat the family dog better than her.

I don't go to her school, but from what I know they are quite awful at dealing with this. They won't do anything to help matters, and it's really frustrating.

They have emotionally abused her from a young age, to a point where she now blames herself for it, and thinks she deserves it. I's shocking. Such a nice, lovely person? Deserve that treatment??

It makes me angry. Very angry. Angry at her parents and her school. Angry at her siblings for not doing more to help, though I know this is pretty silly. I'm also angry at myself for not being able to do more.

Because she is nearly 17, everyone just tells me that "Oh, well she can leave her parents soon!" like she doesn't need help right now. I'm really worried for her, really really worried. She speaks about "scary thoughts" in her head sometimes because of what her parents have done to her.

Even now, I'm near enough shaking with anger thinking about all of this.

I'm at my wits end, that I can't do more. Hell, it's the only reason I've made an account here. I just want some advice, that's all.

Thank you for reading, and I'm really sorry if all of this doesn't make sense at all.