Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Regular TeenHelper

Name: -

Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14

Re: Few questions about religion. - May 16th 2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordioa18 View Post
So, about religion. First, is there any proof that there is a god? I don't see a god myself, so it kinda lost it's credibility here, but it can still happen. (Well, I'm an agnostic who is on the fence of christianity)

Also, why do religious people think black and white about people that have other religions/no religion? If a god exsists, then the god should rate the people on good things/intentions themselves, not let 'holier than thou' christians that go to church and shit but don't have godly intentions/thoughts about it. It grinds my gears.
Religion isn't a science. It's not based on reasons and proofs, it's based on dogmas, in other words : on believing that words in Holy Bible are truth. There was a lot of studies about if God exists or doesn't, but the answers and opinions are as numerous as the number of people taking part. I personally am not a believer of any religion (I do not accept a spiritual guard of any kind over me),

Quote:
Also, why do religious people think black and white about people that have other religions/no religion? If a god exsists, then the god should rate the people on good things/intentions themselves, not let 'holier than thou' christians that go to church and shit but don't have godly intentions/thoughts about it. It grinds my gears.
That's the sad truth. However, notice that it's only an opinion of people who do believe. It's the same with the somehow notorious "God haters fags" saying that is so passionately used by christians to prove to homosexual people why are they so wrong. Bible is not to be taken literally. It's full of symbols.

Also, I guess the reason why christians are so uneasy towards other religions (or lack of faith altogether) are Ten Commandments, especially the first one
:

Who dares - wins.