Thread: Triggering (SH): Why is cutting bad?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Why is cutting bad? - June 4th 2014, 03:24 AM

Hey there,

I think it is great that you are seeking counseling for your self harm. I think that is definitely a step in the right direction.

I think that the reasons why self harm is bad vary from person to person. You have to come to the realization that it is bad and come up with your own reasons as to why. It took me a long time to come up with my own reasons and to really believe those reasons. While you are making sure to cut with sterile tools there is still a chance that you could end up getting an infection. And, getting an infection could be really dangerous. Also, as Dez stated, there is always a chance that you will end up having to go deeper to get the same feeling. See, as time goes by the superficial cuts don't always give you the same feeling and so you start having to cut deeper to get the same feeling. This could be dangerous because you don't know what types of things you might cut in your body.

Another reason self harming is bad is because you are inflicting pain upon yourself and your don't deserve that pain. I know right now you might feel as though you deserve that pain but that is a lie. You deserve to live a happy and healthy life and self harm takes you away from living that life.

I really hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to message me.