View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23 Points: 25,840, Level: 23

Re: what do I do if people are actually PROHIBITING me from telling them about my depression? - July 30th 2014, 04:47 PM

Hey there,

The user above has already given you some really great advice!

A lot of times therapists might end up saying things that we find hurtful whilst trying to find out how we feel. There are also the other kinds of therapists who are simply shitty. But, do give your therapist the benefit of doubt. Calmly let them know what you have written here. They might feel that being strict is what might work with you, if you feel otherwise, then you must tell them. When something hurts you, politely let them know your feelings on the matter at that point or sometime later. Therapy requires us to communicate how we feel about the approach to therapy in order to modify it according to our needs.

A lot of times doctors do take your opinions about the dosage of medicine, but since you have mentioned that you have been crying a lot, could it be possible that that is why your doctor has increased the dose? Try to find out their reasons and maybe come to a compromise on this matter.

Finally, give the doctor some time and effort and if things still don't improve, don't be scared to seek out someone new.

Take care.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows