Thread: Depression?
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount13

Edit avatar

Re: Depression? - August 4th 2014, 05:04 AM

Hey there.

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. Being home-schooled must be difficult for you not seeing/talking to anyone very often, along with that, all the traveling must make it hard to make friends as well. I don't think you're overreacting at all. The way things are for you, I can understand why it'd cause you to become depressed.

Are there any groups near where you are for parents and kids who are home-schooling? Sometimes they have those so that parents and kids can get the proper amount of socialization and make friends. Hopefully you could make friends there and keep in contact via social media, phone, and/or texting. Then visit them when you're in the area again. You could also make friends online, like here on TeenHelp!

Do you have any hobbies or creative outlets, anything you enjoy doing? Hobbies and such can be great for when you're depressed. Gaming, reading, board games with family or even finding a TV show you like so you have something to look forward to each week. As for creative outlets, you can do things like draw, paint, write poetry or short stories (and even post it in the Self Expression forum here). Something else that may help is a private journal, just something to write down your feelings and thoughts in to get it out on paper.

It's great that you're trying to change things for yourself, for trying to get into the private school at church. I think that could be good for you, but why don't you think you'll get into it? I hope that it does work out and you get into it.

Why do you say your parents are strict, would you like to talk about that? Strict parents must also be difficult for you to deal with so I figured I'd offer for you to talk about it if you feel comfortable doing so. Sometimes getting things out can be relieving.

I'm sure your parents do love you, even if it may not seem that way. With your dad traveling for work, and your parents arguing, that may be what's causing them to lack in caring for you (things like you mentioned, checkups, the dentist etc). I think it would be a very good idea to sit down with them when they're in a fairly okay mood and things are quiet. Ask them in the most polite way possible if they could make some time to take you for checkups and things that you need. Keeping your health in check is important. It'd also be important to explain that you're depressed and you wish they'd be more considerate of your feelings instead of yelling at you for it. You can also write what you wanna say to them on a note if that'd make it easier than saying it verbally. Aside from your parents, do you have anyone else you can talk to? You certainly shouldn't have to go through this alone.

Hope I helped. Feel free to PM me if you'd like someone to talk to. In the meantime, take care. The way things are in your life right now won't be this way forever. Stay strong.