View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ThisIsMyUsrnm Offline
Jay
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: JustCallMeJay
Location: Upstate NY, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, local group, Virgo supercluster, observable galaxy

Points: 5,752, Level: 11 Points: 5,752, Level: 11 Points: 5,752, Level: 11

Re: My Parents aren't NORMAL parents, and They're driving me INSANE! - August 7th 2014, 08:13 PM

First, this is abuse. Idk what country u r from, but the US at least has laws in place. Do you have a family member who you could live with instead of your parents (That treats you right?) At the very least, you could ask to stay at friends homes over the weekends and such. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
In terms of religion, this is what my grandmother does to me. Thankfully I live with my parents, but we've (My parents, grandmother, and I) Had screaming arguments for hours about this. My parents say I can be what I want to be. All the same, my grandmother interacts with me a lot, and it's never a pleasant experience. I don't know what to say to this, I just tell my grandmother I'm a Christian but don't agree with her on everything, and would rather not discuss it. Because of my grandmother my family started going to church and such to placate her. All the same, that is one of the main reasons I'm not a Christian. (Consider telling your dad that you feel he's pushing you into this, and that it's pushing you away from being Catholic?) As for the gay rights thing, lots of Christians are torn on this topic. (Tell him God says to love everyone and treat them well?) As I don't know your family, I can't necessarily provide an effective solution, but I hope this helps.

Isn't it nice that parents always use easy passwords, or write them down somewhere?