Thread: Triggering (SH): Alternatives to Self Harm/ My story
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: Alternatives to Self Harm/ My story - August 18th 2014, 07:53 AM

Hey there,

I just want to start out by saying you make more of an impact on people than what you think. Any time you speak to people you leave something with them, and that is noticeable and that is a good thing! You seem like a really great person.

Perhaps to start feeling as if you are doing something good, you can start volunteering. That way, you WILL be doing noticeable good and you will be changing people's lives. You can always try and do something where you are still able to wear long sleeves, but at least you will be doing the good you want to, and it will make a difference. Every bit counts.

It is really good that you threw out your supplies and I think that at the very least, that is a great start and you should be so proud for doing that. It takes a lot of effort and is a step in the right direction!

Perhaps instead of cutting, you can find ways to express yourself such as writing, art, or music. Exercise is another great way to get out pent up emotions!

It can also help to be with people, either in person or on the phone. Even if you don't talk to them about what is going on, it's harder to self harm around people. I do recommend you talk to SOMEONE about it though. This is a list of people who can help. Consider talking to one of those people, you don't deserve to go through this alone!

This is a list of alternatives to self harm. They are healthier, safer ways to cope. If one doesn't work, try not to get discouraged, because another one will!

You can do this!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive