View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: My girlfriend self harms - August 24th 2014, 09:55 PM

Hey there,

I first want to start out by saying how amazing of a person you are for wanting to help out with her. Perhaps you can give her this link to a list of alternatives to self harm? It may urge her to find healthier, safer ways to cope with what she is going through.

You are doing the right thing by checking up on her. I think you should sit down with her one more time and talk to her, and reassure her that if she ever needs to talk to someone, she should come to you and you will do your absolute best to help her. You can't push her or force her to talk, but it can help a lot t know you are there.

I think you are doing all the right things to help her, and I bet she appreciates that. I know you may want to do more, but sometimes there is only so much a person can do. She has to do things for herself as well. You shower her with kindness for sure. You are open and supportive, and you are definitely making it known that she is not alone.

Keep filling her with those thoughts of hope. Thoughts that she can make it. Thoughts that she can be successful and have a good future. Sometimes a little bit of hope can go a long way!

If you ever feel as if she is in immediate danger I recommend you tell someone to keep her safe. But, I'd say you are doing a lot for her already!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.