View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount13

Edit avatar

Re: My parents are divorcing - August 25th 2014, 07:33 PM

Hi, Jordan.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are divorcing. I imagine this might potentially be really difficult for you to deal with. Especially since it's a huge change in your life. Once you get settled in such a new environment, it's important to work through your feelings. Make sure you don't bottle anything up, talk to those around you about how you're feeling. Find emotional outlets in hobbies, creative writing, drawing or painting. Aside from that, might be a good idea to get a pet once you get settled if you don't already have one. Such as a puppy or a kitten to help you feel more comforted during all this. It can be really nice taking care of a pet and having companionship.

Lastly, I really believe that once the weirdness of all this blows over and you get settled in, it could possibly feel exciting being in a whole new place. I thought I'd mention that even with all this going on, your parents do still love you. If you'd like, you can keep in contact with your dad and visit when possible. In the meantime, you can always get support here at TeenHelp. And if you need someone to talk to, you can message me anytime. I'd be happy to listen and try to help if I can. Just hang in there, even though this is difficult, everything will be okay eventually.