View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DanTheMan :P Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dan

Points: 7,369, Level: 12 Points: 7,369, Level: 12 Points: 7,369, Level: 12

Re: I'm 13 gay and lonely - August 27th 2014, 09:57 AM

Can I be honest with you?

As I read that, I felt like someone was describing me. The whole, hiding behind sarcasm, and almost paranoia that friends don't really like you etc etc. The difference is, I've been questioning myself for several years now, but while I've almost been flicking between sexualities (for want of a better way to express myself), I've never had the courage to come out to anyone.

The fact that you have been comfortable enough to come out to even your closest friends, and moreover your mum, is genuinely fantastic. And as for the person who threatens to tell people, you should take them off to the side and quietly tell them its not funny. It might be meant to be taken as a joke? If not, I wouldn't worry. I know it may sound slightly hypocritical from my situation, but even if someone told everyone you know how you are feeling, the chances are very few people would really be all that bothered. Anyway, people that dislike you for your sexuality are people you don't want to talk to IMO. The only reason I have never told anyone how I feel is because I'm still trying to figure myself out, and I'm not ready to let other people know just yet.

Please remember this though; do NOT bottle up your emotions. Speaking from personal experience, its bad for you. When you feel angry, well, be angry! If you are sad, don't wear a false smile. When you are scared, don't put a brave face on. Believe me, you won't feel better for it. As cliched as it sounds, the people that may mock you for your openness are most likely jealous; honest and open people are more likeable; people will in turn be more honest with you. Bottling up your emotions just makes you feel bad all the time. Even slightly bad dreams haunt me for the entire day. Having fun with people will remain in your thoughts for a few hours, but a negative experience consumes your mind for days. I don't mean to sound too dark, but I just want to explain why you should just let it all out. I physically can't even cry anymore, no matter how much I want to.

But remember: you NEVER have to feel like you cant post on here. Teenhelp is an amazing website, and people are always willing to take the time to read, what you took the time to write. If you feel like adding more, then do! :P