View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Forging Galaxies Offline
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14

Re: I think depression is stupid. - August 29th 2014, 07:24 AM

Depression is the way I understand it, is a disease, a chemical (which is your depression) in your brain that sorta just expands and dominate your mind.

Depression can be caused by a number of reasons:

1) The loss of a love one

2) Your life is going downhill (meaning you're not getting any jobs or anything that you need)

3) Or just like I said, you may be classed with a disorder regarding depression.

In most cases, the third reason is probs most common to my belief (or not).

I can understand why someone who never gets depression can see is depression as "dumb" but the way you view it is plainly out of ignorance, there's alot more to it than what you know about it. A lot more.
That's like hearing your friend saying she got a puppy and you say "Oh that's cute" but when you see the puppy, you squeal and adore it. What I'm trying to say is that sure, depression sounds bad but when you truly are experiencing it, it's a lot worse than you can ever imagine.

Just one thing, I don't understand what you mean that people in the third-word countries are happier than people the first world countries with depression such as myself. It's a funny statement, they do have it worse than us. (in my opinion)
I wouldn't say first-world countries are relatively "happy" places, it depends where you are going, you can go to the wrong alley and still get trouble mixed in with life. I know I'm being vague here but still...
Hell, just to prove it myself a point of my own. When I hear the news and hear any third-world countries have horrible problems and basically innocent people dying, I really get depressed by that because there's nothing I can do. (as a result, I stay away from the news, unless they start actually giving good news )

My depressions are largely based on self-doubt, the feeling of being a failure (due to a number of private reasons) because of that, I feel like I failed someone and other stuff followed by being plain lonely. I feel like a failure because I want to be at the point where I can help people, especially in third-world countries. Say what you want about my depression but my heart is in the right place and you must remember that depression is an unbalance chemical in your brain (Look it up, I'm not an expert of saying it medically), it gets worse.

Please remember that the mind is not always so as simple as your body. Especially even today, scientist are still trying to understand the "brain".

I'm sorry if I sound brutal or anything close to that. That's likely due to literally having woke up to replying on this thread.

(On a side note, there's a chance you may have depression in your life. A high chance, hopefully you'll begin to understand what's it like).

Bleh, other users can give better explanations than a lousy brain here that's still waking up. Follow their advice.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1132077 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!