View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29

Re: I think depression is stupid. - August 29th 2014, 11:36 PM

You may have your opinion but depression is an illness just like cancer or any other disease. It can be caused by a mixture of things, a chemical imbalance in the brain and the environment you live in(traumatic events, upbringing etc) You wouldn't say to someone who has asthma that they are choosing to be sick, it's the same with depression or any other mental illness.
Money doesn't buy happiness. Yeah you can buy "stuff" that can make you feel happy but that doesn't change the fact that you are depressed. Just because you live in a first world country doesn't change the fact that people suffer from depression. People can be abused, sick or depressed just because of the chemical imbalance in their brain.
My parents both have a lot of money, we live in a big house, have nice cars and a boat, take vacations, we have a lot of stuff and I appreciate what I have. But I am depressed. Yeah on the outside my life looks really good, and you can judge all you want but you don't know what I have suffered through. People who suffer from depression are really good at hiding it because of judgemental people like you who tell is we have no reason to be depressed. Don't judge us by what our life appears to be, because you don't know what someone is suffering from.
You are free to speak your opinion but next time do a little bit of research and think twice before you post it on a help site where there is people suffering from depression and other mental illnesses. You have greatly offended me, and I'm sure you have offended others on this site. I'm sorry if this came across rude but it's judgemental people and their comments who piss me off.
Have a nice day.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1132077 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!