View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: School and anxiety - September 11th 2014, 04:14 AM

Hey,

I know how tough anxiety can be when you're in school. If you feel anxious, make sure you focus on your breathing. Some schools can be rather accommodating of mental illness and I think it may help if you consider speaking to your counselor about this to see if he or she has any suggestions. If your counselor feels it is necessary, they can make exceptions for you. One example would be a flash pass (some schools have these available). Rules may vary but you're given a pass and a set amount of time out of class. During this time there are things you're supposed to do such as visit your nurse or counselor to talk through the anxiety. Don't be afraid to reach out for help if you need it!

At the same time I think increased exposure to what makes you anxious can help you as well.

As for dissociation, your previous thread has some advice and it may help to read this again for a refresher!

I don't know about the health risks (if any) associated with holding water in your mouth for an extended period of time. However, I can't see this as being too comfortable and I think you would benefit more if you refrained from doing that.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers