(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Is online dating stupid? - September 12th 2014, 07:29 PM

I have no idea about the whole let love find you vs actively seeking it out debate; I’m on the fence about that. But at the same time, I’m in exactly the same position as you. One day, I would like to fall in love, get married, have children etc, but I have no social life whatsoever. Also, since I want to be a primary school teacher, there is a lack of male teachers, so no chance there I guess for me the only way would be meeting guys through facebook, through mutual friends or if me and my friends deliberately decided to go out looking (since I wouldn’t go on my own haha).

Surprisingly, many people our age are trying online dating. I used to think it was for older people So I don’t think you will be desperate, if you do go for it. I’m also on the fence about online dating in general. It’s probably my insecurities but it’s so easy to lie on dating sites. Me and my friend set up a fake profile on a dating site. Everything was realistic, even the profile picture we chose. We ended up with a lot of older men trying to contact us, and I don’t think they wanted a relationship. However, if things don’t work out for me, I do see online dating sites as an option, it’s just an easier way of finding someone.

I say just do whatever you feel comfortable doing. I don’t think you would be searching for trouble, but it would be a good idea to be wary of anyone you talk to and look out for yourself