View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
nintendude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: cob

Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11 Points: 5,915, Level: 11

Best friend vs boyfriend - October 9th 2014, 11:28 AM

Something to note: my best friend is also my recent ex girlfriend. A little bit of this story is also on these forums.

If you don't want to find it, here's a basic background: we broke up because her parents did not like me, and she wanted to get away from that hate and experience a boyfriend that her parents could be comfortable with. There was a guy that she saw she could do this with, so they started datin three weeks after we split. She said I was a perfect boyfriend so she never disliked me through this, she just essentially liked someone else due to her parents making her uncomfortable with me. They have been together for about a month now.

Throughout their relationship, me and her stayed best friends. She started hating me for goin to friends about this situation because eventually rumors spread. Eventually a true rumor spread that me and her had done things that basically constitutes as cheating. She was mad at me for opening my mouth about it, but saw that she was also in the wrong and decided to confess it to her bf. he is not a guy to forgive easily, but gave her a shot anyway. To prove that she would now only care for him and only him, she cut out friendship bracelet off and also now currently tries to distance herself from me when he is around. We both know he wouldn't like it if we continued to be best friends, as he had already said how he got jealous and scared of how close we always have been. But she isn't willing to lose me as her best friend, but she also still cares for him and wants to make it up to him and stay with him.

I'm not asking for anything specific, I would just like thoughts and opinions on this.