View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: Best friend vs boyfriend - October 18th 2014, 12:09 AM

I will be honest with you. It's very, very difficult to have a best friend of the opposite gender while you have a significant other. At least in my own experience, jealousy becomes a big thing. People can be possessive over their loved ones.

Think about it from your girlfriend's/her ex boyfriend's perspective. You two once loved each other, kissed each other or did anything that would be emotionally close to one another. If you were together in the past, what's preventing those feelings from resurfacing?

People get worried about that. It's not really you they're worried about- it's the best friend. So, he was worried about you wanting her back, and your girlfriend being worried about you wanting your girl best friend.

It really is a simple explanation in my opinion. People lose confidence and begin to get trust issues. In their minds, "Why would they want to hang out alone? What's happening? Am I going to get cheated on?"

Just wanted to possibility show it from their perspectives.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013