Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Overwhelming Stress from School Apps - October 19th 2014, 11:15 PM

Hey Kyra,

It sounds like you are going through a very stressful time at the moment!

I can see your reasoning by wanting to gain a place at a UK boarding school that offers IB compared to not knowing whether or not you would you would have a place in your current school. Is there a teacher you can discuss this with?

Congratulations on making it to the interview stage! That is an achievement in itself! And Grade 10 in violin is amazing!

But it is understandable that you feel stressed out. Do you have any time to yourself at all? It’s still important to try to de-stress and relax. Even if it’s just something small like listening to your favourite music, having a bubble bath, painting your nails etc, you deserve some quality time! Also, don’t forget to talk to friends and family and let them know how you feel. If you feel that isn’t an option, then you might find it helpful to write down your feelings. You mention crying- this is a good way to healthily let your emotions out. Could you find a time when you are on your own, if you feel like crying?

It’s great that you want to be a solicitor! Whilst I understand that you feel you need to get into these schools, I want to assure you that universities (including the top ones in the UK) will look at your grades and other things, but not necessarily what school you go to. They try to take students from all backgrounds and all different schools.

I can’t imagine the amount of pressure that you are under. If it starts affecting you more, such as sleeping and eating, could you talk to a school counsellor about it? Even though school can be stressful and you are thinking about your future, your health is still paramount.

Take care!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer