Thread: Triggering: Bad Grades and Parents
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Bad Grades and Parents - October 21st 2014, 12:47 AM

Hi, I am sorry your parents are being so hard on you. While I think it is reasonable for parents to have expectations of their children, I do not think it is fair for them to put so much pressure on you.

Do you have access to counselling? It might be good to try to get this if the pressure is causing you to be depressed.

You could maybe try telling your parents that you have been trying to do better. Perhaps suggest to them that if they want you to do better that you get a tutor for your classes. While this shouldn't be necessary, it might help to have someone to deflect the amount of pressure they put you under because you are telling them about tools that they can help you access to improve your grades and they might think "ok, she is going to do good now" and will stop blaming you or what have you.

Tell them that you have been struggling to improve your grades alone and that all the pressure makes it worse and that f they are serious about you doing better, thats why you need tutors.

You also need talk to your teachers and tell them how bad things are for you. Someone with authority in your life (ex. teacher, guidance counsellor) needs to know you are getting so much pressure pressure from your parents that you are contemplating suicide. They can help you.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions