View Single Post
  (#95 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My girlfriend self harms - October 27th 2014, 10:30 PM

Hey,

It's really amazing of you to be so supportive of your girlfriend, but please make sure you're taking care of yourself as well. Do you think that the issues your girlfriend has are influencing your urges to self-harm or smoke? If they are, you might benefit from taking a step away from your relationship. Do you know what your triggers are? If not, maybe you can keep a journal or a blog so you can find patterns in what you write. Once you identify your triggers, you can begin to work through them.

If I remember correctly, your parents are aware of your self-harm. It doesn't seem like you're too happy with them at the moment; are you comfortable discussing why? Perhaps you can tell them that you're struggling again when you feel like you're on better terms with them. If you're not comfortable discussing it in public view, feel free to PM me. You can also use HelpLINK and Live Help which are confidential; only the Staff have access.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers